Saturday 9 August 2008

Bus ride to Reykjavik

8:30am bus to Reykjavik was running late. Once it arrived, I sat and watched a double-exposure of my goofy face in the window, as infinite distance rolled by outside...

After nameless miles I hang suspended on a knife-edge doze, until we hit the outskirts of Reykjavik. Then we passed a geothermal power plant, the smell of sulphur is the type of eggy tang that your family pretends not to notice when you're in a car with them :)

We checked into the Youth Hostel, removed our beards (I also defuzzed my bonce!) and we headed out into town...

Kringlan, BSI, Sun Voyage and the Gay Pride Parade all worked up a hunger. A delicious meal at Caruso's led to Icelandic vodkas and BrennivĂ­n...

Good night!

Oh and Happy Birthday Dr Shorty :)

No comments: