Sunday 1 July 2012

The Long Way Home


In less than a week I will embark on an epic journey home... I plan to bike 4000 miles and visit 6 countries in just 21 days. 

Riding my BMW R1200GS from the South of Germany to the North, crossing the Baltic Sea by ferry, then up through Finland, down through Norway, into Sweden, over to England, up to Scotland, down through the Lakes and finishing in my home town of Manchester.

Ultimately the journey is the goal.  I want to soak up as much of Scandinavia as I can. I want to feel that I know the place and the people a little better.  I am not talking about learning facts or figures.  I just want to feel the spirit of Scandinavia...

1 comment:

Anna Steele said...

The 'spirit'? Jeez, you should've been an English teacher.
Have fun searching for that 'spirit' (I'd like to point out how well I've done in refraining from breaking into verse)
xxx