Sunday 18 August 2013

Beauty was where I hung my hat...

I have covered well over 6000 miles and that is it. Done.

I honestly did not know what to expect from this trip. My only hope was to find beautiful experiences that made my heart sing. The real revelation of this journey has been this land, this amazing place, populated with people who's character every bit the equal of this stunning landscape.

It has been long. It has been hard. Most of all it has been fun. I have laughed a lot. Like all journeys, the things that stay with me are the most unexpected: surfing in San Sebastián, hiking the Cares Gorge, exploring the Bosque de Oma, meeting the farmer and the writer, the crenelated Moorish Castle, the eery Chapel of Bones, the stunning Spanish sunrise, eating curry in Cap de Creus,...

You should do it! Stop reading this and head out on the open road without any plans. It is like life, complicated but well worth the effort.

I have so many happy memories from this trip and an empty bank account. All these memories are pure gold and whilst I cannot put them in a bank, I will put them in my heart.

I am glad it's finished and I am sad it's finished. And yes; I am already looking forward to the next one... ;-)

No comments: