Friday 16 April 2010

SJ Nattåg

As I sit here waiting for the night train to Stockholm. My mind wanders between the following topics...
  1. Will the volcanic ash clear in time for my flight home?
  2. What a strange little adventure... Too much baggage to enjoy the travelling. Not enough snowboarding to be a winter sports holiday... That said, it was a lovely introduction to Scandinavia.
  3. I also pondered the paradoxical nature of writing a blog about an obscure paradise like Narvik. In doing so I may bring a degree of publicity to the location, and in the process, I may advance the destruction of the very qualities of tranquillity and solitude that make that location special. Maybe, it would not happen... After all, Narvik is so remote. Perhaps only a few curious adventurers and powder fanatics will make the effort to visit. Maybe, the non-commercial grassroots charm of this ski area will remain unaffected... Especially as the only person to read this will be my Mum :)

No comments: